Hi, My name is Krzysztof Lewandowski, I’m from Poland and I’m doing a four-week traineeship in Belfast, Northern Ireland. I started the traineeship on the 30th of September at Trainingmatchmaker¬†which was created by¬†Watson and Co. Chartered Marketing founder: Trainer Christine Watson. I’m here to gain working experience as part of the Erasmus programme. During the first meeting my trainer, Christine Watson talked about my traineeship and the courses that I can choose to do, which you can find listed on Traningmatchmaker.com website. Most of the courses are online, but the best ones are the face to face courses, which are, in my opinion, more interesting for me personally.
- Language skills – I’m trying to improve my English skills by watching movies, YouTube videos and texting with friends from different countries. But language learning through living in a country in which it is the main language is way more effective for me. Even when I’m shy and it’s hard to get anything out of me at times!
- Graphic design skills¬†– I have been interested in graphics for a very long time. With Canva I can easily create a design that will be very useful for various websites, blogs, and social media. It’s very simple to learn – there is a free canva course by canva listed on trainingmatchmaker.com
- Photography & video skills¬†– Photography and video editing are some of my hobbies. A few months ago I bought a digital camera Lumix G7. I love taking pictures of landscapes, people, animals, nature. The free Today At Apple courses in the Apple store in Victoria Square, Belfast are designed to help me get better at what I do. I want to learn new photography and video techniques that will help me to take more beautiful photos and create lovely videos in the future. One of my first tasks is to research all of the options available through the Today At Apple programme during my traineeship and to list them for my fellow Erasmus Trainee from Germany – Nadine (you can read her Learning Plan here) and for a post on the TrainingMatchmaker.com Instagram page.
- Google Local Guide skills – Before leaving for Belfast I wasn’t set up as a Google Local Guide but I regularly use Google Maps. I think I will find it to be a great way to show the whole world my point of view of so many places in the world. Thanks to me people could potentially tell if it’s worth visiting each place that I immortalise.
- YouTube skills¬†– My current greatest achievement in life is reaching the threshold of 60,000 fans on my YouTube channel where I record videos from Minecraft with my friends. So when I discovered the YouTube Playbook for Creative Advertising course listed on TrainingMatchmaker.com I was interested. I hope to learn how to use the tools that will take my creativity to the next level, find out how to reach my audience, hold their attention and earn their love.
- Instagram – I use instagram on a personal level but also to keep in touch with my fans and show them the places where I go. I understand that I will be creating instagram for business posts for TrainingMatchmaker.com so the free instagram course by Facebook Blueprint (which owns instagram) might provide useful learning that I can put into practice on my traineeship in Belfast and when I return to Poland.
- Google Digital Garage¬†– My Trainer Christine advises me that Google will open up in Belfast city centre to provide face to face courses to the public for free for at least 6 months. We plan to find out when the opening day will be and if it is before 25 October then I can benefit from these courses. However listed on TrainingMatchmaker.com is the free online Google Digital Garage course – this course is certificated and involves watching over 100 videos across 26 topics. I would really like to complete the full course and gain my certificate before my four weeks in Belfast come to an end.